Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites
So I’ve been on this Buffalo Chicken kick in many forms. Pizza, flatbread, salad, and now these! This is an easy recipe and they're BAKED not fried! Although I’m a bit footballed out for the year…I might make these and watch the commercials :)
•. 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
•. 1/4 to 1/2 cup wing sauce (to taste)
•. 3 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
•. 1 3/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
•. 1/4 cup chopped green onions
•. 1 cup all-purpose flour
•. 4 eggs, lightly beaten
•. 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions.
3. Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
4. Place flour in a shallow dish.
5. In a second shallow dish, place eggs.
6. In a third shallow dish, Place cornflakes.
7. Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Makes: 48 bites